Escape to Paradise: Park Plaza Belvedere, Medulin's Luxurious Oasis

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia

Escape to Paradise: Park Plaza Belvedere, Medulin's Luxurious Oasis

Alright, buckle up buttercups, ‘cause we're diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Park Plaza Belvedere, Medulin. Forget the perfectly polished brochure, I'm gonna give you the real deal. Think warts and all, but mostly the "oooh-la-la" kind. And trust me, after spending a week there, I have a few things to say.

First Impressions: The Arrival… and the Slight Panic

Okay, getting there was a bit of a saga. The airport transfer? Smooth as butter. The actual hotel?… well, it’s beautiful, absolutely stunning. But (and there’s always a “but,” isn’t there?) the sheer scale of the place hit me. I'm talking sprawling. My inner directionally-challenged self immediately started to sweat. Finding the check-in desk felt like a mini-odyssey. Thank goodness for the "Concierge" – angels in disguise, seriously. They guided me through the labyrinth, bless their hearts.

Accessibility: A Big Thumbs Up (With a Tiny Caveat)

Now, I need to shout out the accessibility. HUGE win. Elevators everywhere (thank GOD!), ramps where needed, and a genuine effort to make the entire experience inclusive. This isn’t just lip service—it’s thoughtful. I saw a few guests using wheelchairs, and they seemed completely at ease. However, (and this is a minor niggle) some of the distances within the complex are significant. If you have mobility issues and don't love walking long distances, maybe request a room closer to the main facilities.

Rooms: My Kingdom for Air Conditioning (and Slippers!)

My room? Oh, glorious room. Air conditioning blasting (essential!), a ridiculously comfortable bed, and a bathtub! A proper, soak-your-stress-away bathtub! The air conditioning was a lifesaver that's for sure. They have the essentials like a safe, coffee machine (thank yesssss), and TV with channels galore. I took advantage of the included slippers and bathrobes and it turned out to be a great decision! The soundproofing? Excellent. I really appreciated the blackout curtains because it allowed me to sleep in as much as I wanted. Now for a quirk of mine, a bathroom phone! It seems silly, but it's a pretty fun addition.

Wi-Fi: Praise Be to the Internet Gods!

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes, PLEASE! And it actually works. I'm talking streaming Netflix without buffering, video calls with everyone, and keeping up with emails. A godsend for someone like me, who is very busy. I did notice the main connection was Wi-Fi, and I did not even try the Internet access – LAN option.

Dining and Drinking: From Breakfast Buffets to Poolside Cocktails (and My Near-Disaster!)

Listen, let's be honest, this is where Park Plaza really shines.

  • Breakfast: The breakfast buffet is… well, it’s a buffet. It's got everything! The Western breakfast was solid, but the Asian selections were a revelation! They had a fantastic selection of everything, from fresh pastries to exotic fruits. I mean, seriously, I think I tried every single item across seven days. My favorite? The omelet station. Absolute perfection. The coffee? Bottomless. That's how a vacation should start!

  • A la Carte and Buffet: I ate in the Restaurants quite a bit. The staff are friendly. The food, generally, fabulous.

  • Poolside Bar: This is where I had my near disaster. Picture this: sipping a perfectly crafted cocktail, sun on my face, bliss. Then, BAM! A rogue splash from a rambunctious kid nearly sent my phone flying into the pool. Thankfully, I caught it. But the heart attack! The poolside bar is a must, just…watch your electronics!

  • Room service [24-hour]: Always helpful for those late-night cravings or early-morning laziness.

Things to Do: Relax, Rejuvenate, and Maybe Get a Little Sunburnt.

  • The Pools: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, with stunning views. The temperature was perfect. One thing to watch out for is space! If you do not go early, you might have to fight for a sun lounger.

  • Spa/Sauna: I was there for pure relaxation. I spent a lot of my time hanging out at the Spa. The Sauna was a delight. The Steamroom was great. I did a Body scrub and Body wrap too, and the staff truly made me feel relaxed. The Pool with view was an added bonus.

  • Fitness Center: They have a Gym/fitness area if you're that type of person. I passed.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sanitized

I felt incredibly safe. They take their Hygiene certification seriously. I really noticed the Daily disinfection in common areas. Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol. Cashless payment service was convenient, and they had Hand sanitizer everywhere. It made me feel at peace.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

  • Daily housekeeping: Flawless. My room was always spotless. The Complimentary tea and free bottled water was also greatly appreciated.

  • Concierge: Seriously, these people are lifesavers. They helped me with everything, from booking excursions to finding the best gelato in town.

  • Facilities for disabled guests: Really superb.

  • Laundry service & ironing service: Got my laundry completed in no time at all.

  • Business facilities: Facilities for disabled guests are really present here.

For the Kids: Fun for the Whole Family

I am not a parent, but I saw kids everywhere, and they looked like they were having the time of their lives! They have a Kids meal and a Babysitting service available.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy

  • Car park [free of charge]: Big win! Parking can be a nightmare, but not here.

  • Airport transfer: Super smooth.

  • Taxi service: Always available.

Overall Impression: Would I Go Back? Absolutely.

Park Plaza Belvedere is a beautiful, luxurious hotel with something for everyone. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the facilities are top-notch, and the location is fantastic.

The "Escape to Paradise" Offer – Because You Deserve It!

Okay, here's the deal. Stop dreaming of a getaway and actually book one.

Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Park Plaza Belvedere, Medulin, and get:

  • A special discount on all rooms. (It's a percentage! I'm not allowed to say the exact number, but trust me, it's good!)
  • Complimentary breakfast for two.
  • A bottle of local wine upon arrival.
  • Free late checkout (so you can squeeze in that extra pool time!).
  • Free Wi-Fi (always!).

Click this link and use code [YOUR EXCLUSIVE CODE] when booking. This offer won't last forever, so treat yourself. You deserve it!

Escape to Paradise: Sugar Hotel's South African Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary is about to get real. We're talking Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin, Croatia, and trust me, it's not just about sunshine and gelato. This is about the experience, and the experience is messy, glorious, and possibly involves a few regrettable decisions fueled by questionable Croatian wine. Here goes…

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin – A Week of Chaos & Charm

Day 1: Arrival & Mild Panic

  • Morning (ish): Brussels Airport. Ugh. Never a fun place. Delayed flight, naturally. My phone's practically vibrating from my mother's, "Are you sure you packed enough sunscreen?" Text. I, in turn, am vibrating with a blend of excitement and the nagging fear that I've forgotten something crucial (passport? Definitely not).
  • Afternoon: Finally, finally, Croatia! Landing in Pula. The airport's cute, small, and gives off a slightly dusty, forgotten-treasure vibe – a good start. The transfer to the Park Plaza is… well, let's just say the driver clearly thought the speed limit was merely a suggestion. My stomach lurched more than once.
  • Late Afternoon: Check-in. The lobby is gorgeous. All sleek lines and that unmistakable "luxury-hotel-smell" – a mix of expensive perfume and maybe, just maybe, a hint of bleach. My room? Decent. Surprisingly functional. Balcony overlooking the sparkling Adriatic. Now I'm feeling slightly less like a sweaty, airport-worn disaster.
  • Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. I'm starving. Ordered the grilled fish. It was… fine. Honestly, felt a bit bland. But the view from the restaurant? Absolutely stunning. Watched the sunset paint the sky in fiery oranges and purples. Tried to take a beautiful picture and accidentally dropped my fork. Mortifying. But the wine? Croatian white. Crisp, refreshing, and suddenly I was in love with Croatia.

Day 2: Beach Bliss & Existential Dread (Possibly Over Wine)

  • Morning: Beach time! Found a spot on the rocky beach (rocky beaches… not ideal for graceful entrances into the water, FYI). Spent the morning baking in the sun, reading a trashy novel, and intermittently applying more sunscreen (Mom would be proud). The water? Crystal clear. The perfect temperature. Bliss.
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a beachside cafe. Ordered a pizza. It was… surprisingly good. The best simple food. Did some people-watching – there's a certain drama to beach life, isn't there? Kids screaming, couples bickering, old men with shockingly hairy backs… it's a sociological goldmine.
  • Late Afternoon: Back to the balcony. Sipping more Croatian wine. Gazing at the sea. Thinking… too much. Started spiraling into existential questions like, "What is the meaning of life?" and "Am I wearing enough sunscreen?" The wine probably didn't help.
  • Evening: Dinner at a restaurant nearby the hotel. Found a place in Medulin called "Konoba Vesna". Rustic. Charming. The food was amazing. Tried the istrian plate and shared our local wine with people nearby. Did some serious people-watching. The atmosphere was vibrant and people were so happy to see you.

Day 3: Istrian Adventures & Pasta Perils

  • Morning: Car rental. Okay, this was a mistake. I’m used to public transport, not driving on the right side of the road on winding Croatian coastal roads. I survived, miraculously.
  • Afternoon: Driving through the scenic road into Istria. I stoped at a local market because I thought I could get some of the flavors. I ate food and bought a few things.
  • Late Afternoon: My cooking class! I love cooking. I found a cooking class with a local chef. It's time to learn. I wanted to learn how to make pasta. I am so excited. We were taught by a friendly and very passionate Italian chef. He spoke a mixture of Italian and Croatian, and, sometimes, English – which made things amusing. The pasta. I burned the first batch. The second batch was edible. The third batch? Delicious! I am still shocked I managed to pull it off!. That evening, I showed off my pasta-making skills to my friends and family.
  • Evening: The worst moment of the trip was when I opened the window and saw a giant mosquito, a monster, coming to take me! I couldn't sleep for hours.

Day 4: Boat Trip & Questionable Karaoke

  • Morning: Boat trip to the Kamenjak national park. Beautiful! Clear water, perfect for swimming, and a little secluded cove. Spent the morning swimming, sunbathing, and generally feeling like a total travel cliché in the best way possible.
  • Afternoon: More swimming on the boat. Relaxing and drinking. The boat trip was amazing.
  • Evening: Karaoke night at the hotel. Why did I think this was a good idea? My voice is atrocious. I blame more Croatian wine. Picked a Bon Jovi song. Immediately regretted it. Somehow, though, it was a blast. The collective cringe and laughter of everyone in the room will forever be etched in my memory.

Day 5: Exploring Pula & The Roman Arena

  • Morning: Visiting the Roman Arena. It’s stunning. Absolutely awe-inspiring. I was genuinely moved. The scale of it, the history… it’s a must-see. A slight reality check after the beach bumming and boozing.
  • Afternoon: Walking through the city's old town. The streets are beautiful, the shops are great, and I ate seafood pasta (again!) - it was so delicious. I bought some souvenirs, and then went to a cafe.
  • Evening: Dinner in Pula. Went to a seafood restaurant recommended by a local. The food was fresh, the atmosphere was buzzing, and the wine was flowing. Did some serious people-watching.
  • Late evening: Going back to the hotel. I went to sleep.

Day 6: Relaxation and Wind-Down

  • Morning: Slow morning. Had a leisurely breakfast, read a book by the pool, and generally did absolutely nothing. Guilt-free relaxation. Pure bliss.
  • Afternoon: Spa day. So needed after all the intense activities (and questionable karaoke). The massage was heavenly. Almost fell asleep. Almost. And the jacuzzi felt fantastic.
  • Evening: Sunset drinks on the balcony. Reflecting on the week. Feeling a strange mix of sadness that it’s almost over and excitement for going home. (I miss my own bed).
  • Late Evening: Last dinner at the hotel restaurant. Tried to savor every bite.

Day 7: Departure & Farewell (Maybe…?)

  • Morning: Packing. Always a mess. Somehow managed to re-pack the half-empty suitcase. Double-checked for passport, sunscreen, and questionable souvenirs.
  • Afternoon: Airport transfer. The driver was, thankfully, less manic than the first. Saying farewell to Croatia.
  • Evening: Flight back home.
  • Late evening: Back home. I am already planning the next trip!

Final Thoughts:

Croatia? It's magic. Messy, beautiful, wine-drenched magic. And the Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin? A great home base for a week of adventures, questionable choices, and unforgettable memories. I'll definitely be back. (And I'm already practicing my Bon Jovi for the next karaoke night).

Escape to Luxury: Balbirnie House Hotel, Your UK Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia

Okay, so *Escape to Paradise: Park Plaza Belvedere*, huh? Is it *actually* paradise, or just… nicely air-conditioned?

Alright, deep breath. "Paradise"... that's a strong word, yeah? Look, it's not like I sprouted wings and started harmonizing with a choir of dolphins. But, and this is a big BUT, the *Belvedere* gets pretty damn close. See, I went there last year, fresh off a brutal work project – felt like I'd aged ten years. The moment I stepped onto the balcony of my room (more on that later...), with the Adriatic spread out below, I actually *exhaled*. It wasn't a polite little puff; it was a primal, "Ahhhhh, finally," kind of exhale. Think of it as paradise-adjacent. Maybe in the *waiting room* of paradise. Still, a darn good waiting room.

The rooms… are they worth the hype (and the likely price tag?) I've seen the pictures; everything looks *pristine*.

Pristine? Yeah, mostly. Okay, I'm going to be honest. The pictures? They're *good*. Like, really *good*. My room? Gorgeous. The view? Stunning. I mean, seriously, the sunrise painted the sea with every color imaginable. It was like living inside a postcard. But… (there's always a but, isn't there?)… there was a tiny chip in the paint on the bathroom door. And the hairdryer, bless its heart, sounded like a particularly angry bumblebee. Minor nitpicks, I know. Look, I'm being picky here, because I'm trying to be *real*. The rooms are fantastic, spacious, and well-appointed. You're paying for a premium experience, and you mostly get it. Just don't expect *perfection*. Unless you’re a perfectionist, then maybe bring a spare hairdryer. And some spackle.

The location in Medulin – is it a good base for exploring?

Medulin is a charmer. Think of it like a slightly overenthusiastic puppy, full of energy and joy. The *Belvedere* is perfectly situated; you're practically *in* the town, which means easy access to restaurants, bars, and the beach. The beach itself? Sandy, shallow, and perfect for splashing around – or, you know, perfecting your sunbathing technique. Exploring? Yes! You can day trip to Pula (Roman ruins!), Rovinj (picturesque!), and even venture further afield. I took a boat trip one day – utterly magical. Just… be prepared for crowds in high season. It's a popular spot. I felt slightly panicked at times. But the view from the boat? Worth the anxiety attack.

What's the food like? Because, let's be real, a beautiful hotel can fall apart with bad food.

Right?! Hotel food: the ultimate gamble. Thankfully, the *Belvedere* mostly wins. The breakfast buffet? Glorious chaos. So much choice! Croissants that actually *melted* in your mouth (seriously, the French pastry chef needs a medal). Fresh fruit, local cheeses, all the usual suspects. I may or may not have eaten my weight in bacon. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was also good – more sophisticated, more refined. Fresh seafood, pasta dishes… the works. Prices were a little high, but not offensively so, given the quality. There's also a more casual beachside restaurant that's perfect for lunch. Order the grilled octopus. Just do it. You won’t regret it. Word of warning: the portions are generous. Prepare to leave your trousers unbuttoned at the end of the meal.

Tell me about the pool and other amenities! I'm a pool person.

Ah, the pool! Listen, the pool *area* is lovely. Multiple pools, actually. Infinity pools overlooking the sea, ones for the kids, the whole shebang. Sun loungers? Plenty. Towels? Readily available. Perfect, right? Mostly. My biggest issue? The *early risers*. You know the type? The ones who appear at dawn, place their towels on the best sun loungers… and then disappear for hours. It's a global phenomenon, I swear. I, on the other hand, tend to appreciate my sleep. So, I sometimes had to wander around, towel-less and grumpy, until someone *finally* abandoned their reserved lounger. Other amenities? A spa (didn’t try it – too busy eating bacon!), a fitness center (used it once… after the aforementioned bacon binge), and various activities. I'm not a fitness-type person. So I just stuck to the bacon. And the pool (eventually!). Oh, and there's a casino, which I avoided, because I'm spectacularly bad at gambling.

What about the staff? Are they helpful and friendly?

Honestly? The staff were amazing. Seriously, top-notch. From the check-in desk to the cleaning staff, everyone was friendly, helpful, and genuinely seemed to care. My luggage got lost on the way there (Ryanair, what a surprise). The front desk staff were unbelievably helpful in coordinating with the airline and getting my stuff sorted. I was practically living in my travel clothes for a day and a half (not a pretty sight, believe me!). They even offered to lend me a toothbrush! That level of service is rare these days. They spoke multiple languages, which was a lifesaver, because my Croatian vocabulary is… "Dobar dan" and "Hvala." They dealt with the inevitable Karen-style complaints with grace and professionalism. Big props to them.

Okay, you mentioned the balcony earlier. What's the view *really* like?

Oh, the balcony. *That* balcony. Okay, I need to focus here. The view from my balcony was… *life-altering*. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a *little*. But it was extraordinary. I mean, it framed the Adriatic Sea perfectly. I could sit out there, sipping coffee (from the overpriced, but delicious, in-room coffee machine), and just… absorb. The sunrise I mentioned? Unforgettable. Watching the fishing boats head out in the morning, the sunlight glinting off the water… pure bliss. I spent hours out there. Reading, writing, just *being*. I saw a dolphin! I kid you not! Dolphins! I even considered sleeping out there. (Humidity got the better of me.) That balcony, more than anything else, is what made the *Belvedere* special to me. It was my little slice of paradise. My happy place. I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it. Seriously, book a room with a sea view. Trust me.

Anything *really* negative? Come on, you can be honest!

Alright, pulling on the honesty pantsBook For Rest

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia

Park Plaza Belvedere Medulin Hotel Croatia