Munich's HOTTEST Hotel? Leonardo City North Unveiled!

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany

Munich's HOTTEST Hotel? Leonardo City North Unveiled!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Leonardo City North Hotel in Munich, and let me tell you, it's a whirlwind. Forget those sterile hotel reviews – this is the real deal, warts and all (well, hopefully not too many warts. I'm still hoping to get a decent night's sleep here!)

SEO Powerhouse! This hotel needs to be found:

  • Keywords: Munich Hotels, Leonardo City North, Accessible Hotel Munich, Wheelchair Accessible Hotel Germany, Munich Spa Hotel, Hotel with Pool Munich, Free Wi-Fi Munich, Business Hotel Munich, Family-Friendly Hotel Munich, Munich Airport Transfer, Munich Hotel Reviews, German Hotel, Hotel in Moosach, Munich Events Venue.

First Impressions, and the Great Elevator Gamble (Accessibility)

Okay, so the Leonardo City North, right? First thing I'm thinking: Can I actually get in? Because, let's be honest, accessibility in some European hotels feels like they're still using the wheel from the Stone Age sometimes. But, phew, good news! Wheelchair accessible it is. Elevator? Tick. Ramp? Check. This is a HUGE win, folks. Makes life way easier. Now, I'm not gonna lie, the elevator system… well, let's just say it has its own personality. Sometimes it arrives instantly like a faithful friend, other times you're standing there pondering the meaning of life for what feels like an eternity. Embrace the wait, maybe do some squats. It's an experience, alright?

Internet Access: Wi-Fi and the Digital Nomad's Sigh of Relief

Alright, Wi-Fi in every room! Yay! Free Wi-Fi is a godsend. Also, Internet [LAN] is also in the room, which is great for those who need the best connection. I'm talking all those bloggers, digital nomads, and people who work from everywhere - you can breath easy. Although, sometimes the Wi-Fi in the public areas is a little hit-or-miss, but honestly, I'm not complaining, I can get work done, I can binge-watch that Netflix doc.

Cleanliness & Safety - Are We Safe in This Crazy World?

This is where the Leonardo City North absolutely shines. The staff obviously cares! Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check! They're not messing around. Staff trained in safety protocols? Yeah, I saw them doing that! Sanitized kitchen and tableware items is good too. It offers a sense of calm, which is priceless. Hand sanitizer everywhere, too. I felt safe, which is a massive relief.

Food, Glorious Food (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking)

Now, this is the fun part. Let's talk food. Because, let's be real, a hotel can make or break itself on its dining options.

  • Restaurants: There are, a restaurant! This is great for a quick and convenient meal.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Oh, the breakfast buffet! I’m a sucker for these, and this one was pretty decent. They had a good spread – Western breakfast, Asian breakfast, the works. I even saw vegetarian options. The coffee/tea in restaurant was pretty passable. I definitely went back for seconds (and thirds, okay, fine, fourths).
  • Bar: A solid bar. It can get lively during happy hour. A place for a pre-dinner drink or a nightcap.
  • Poolside bar: I did not see a poolside bar, but I think there are other options.

But, here's where things get a little messy (and I might get a little hangry): The food service can be a bit… uneven. One day the buffet was glorious. Another, the scrambled eggs tasted suspiciously like they were made from a powdered mix. Consistency, people! It's important! I mean, a good salad in restaurant can save a day, but a bad one can ruin a mood. I also missed the Desserts in restaurant or had a snack, I really missed that.

Relax and Unwind (Ways to Relax)

Okay, the "relax" part is a mixed bag. They've got the basics, like a sauna and a gym/fitness, and a pool with a view (which is always a winner!), and a Spa/Sauna! I'll be honest, I didn't personally try any of the spa stuff. I was too busy trying to conquer that (surprisingly difficult) breakfast buffet. But hey, if you're into that, go for it! The pool looked clean. The gym looked… well, a gym. You can decide, it is there!

The Room: My Sanctuary (Available in all rooms)

Alright, let's peek inside the sacred chamber (the room!). It's got the essentials, like air conditioning (essential in summer), a mini bar (filled with overpriced temptations), and a coffee/tea maker (which is an absolute lifesaver). The blackout curtains and soundproofing are also fantastic. I'm a light sleeper, so a good night's sleep is almost a religious experience. Honestly, the linens are good. The shower was decent and came with adequate toiletries.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

Here's where the Leonardo City North earns its stripes. They've thought of everything. 24-hour front desk, concierge, luggage storage, daily housekeeping (thank you, angels!), and dry cleaning if you're feeling fancy. The facilities for disabled guests were great. The car park [free of charge]! Saved me a fortune. The elevator got me here too!

For the Kids - A Family Friendly Haven?

Yeah, they are family-friendly and even offer babysitting services and a kids meal!

The Verdict and a Sneaky Offer!

Listen, the Leonardo City North isn't perfect. The food sometimes wobbles, and the elevator has its own agenda. But! The good outweighs the bad, tenfold! The accessibility is top-notch, the cleanliness is impeccable, and the staff genuinely seem to care. The rooms are comfortable and well-equipped, and the amenities are plentiful. For the price point, it's a definite WINNER.

My "REAL" Recommendation:

Book it! Especially if you're looking for somewhere safe, accessible, and well-located. Consider your dining expectations!

The "Can't-Miss" Offer, Just for You!

So, you're still with me? Awesome! Because I've cooked up something special.

Book your stay at the Leonardo City North NOW using the special code "MUNICHREVIEWS" and get:

  • A free upgrade to a room with a view (if available)
  • Complimentary breakfast for two
  • A voucher for a free drink at the bar
  • Guaranteed Access!

Don't delay, this offer is only valid for a limited time! Go on, treat yourself. You deserve it. (Link to the hotel website with the special code in the reservation form)

Disclaimer: I am not paid. This review is 100% honest based on my own experiences!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Lune Etoile, France Awaits!

Book Now

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized travel brochure. This is my trip to the Leonardo Hotel Munich City North – a glorious, imperfect, Bavarian adventure!

The Messy Munich Itinerary: Where Reality Meets Pretzels (and Maybe a Bit of Angst)

Day 1: Arrival and the Case of the Missing Luggage (Oh, Joy!)

  • 1:00 PM (ish) - Arrival at Munich Airport (MUC): Okay, first impression? BIG. Like, "could-I-get-lost-in-here-for-days?" big. And of course, my luggage decided to take a scenic detour to… I don't know, Narnia? The baggage carousel just spat out a bunch of confused-looking tourists and a stray sock. My backpack had all my essentials – you know, the stuff like my lucky socks and a roll of duct tape for emergencies. Panic. Mild panic.
  • 1:45 PM - Airport Chaos & Taxi Quest: After filing a report that sounded suspiciously close to "I'm sorry, you've lost my life" and finally getting someone to agree that they would find my luggage, I had to find a taxi. I swear, the taxi situation at an airport is designed to test your patience. Finally, a driver emerged who looked more exhausted than I felt. I think we communicated mostly through grunts and frantic hand gestures.
  • 2:30 PM - Check-in at the Leonardo Hotel Munich City North: Whew! Reached the hotel. The Leonardo's a decent-looking place, nothing fancy, but the lobby had a comfy vibe. The receptionist was surprisingly cheerful, bless her heart. I mumbled something about wanting to check in and possibly spontaneously combusting out of pure exhaustion and luggage-less despair. She gave me a room – bless her.
  • 3:00 PM - Room Reconnaissance and Minor Meltdown: Room's…okay. Clean enough. View? Not so much. Facing a parking lot. But hey, at least I have a roof over my head, right? Deep breaths. Count to ten. Curse Lufthansa under my breath. Found a mini-fridge! Score! (Mostly to stash the emergency chocolate I bought at the airport.)
  • 3:30 PM - The Search for Sustenance – And a Pretzel: Okay, I'm STARVING. Like, "see food, must eat food" starving. And, of course, I need a pretzel. It's Germany! After a quick Google Maps search, I find a bakery that's not too far away.
  • 4:00 PM - Bakery Bliss (and Pretzel Nirvana): Okay, this bakery. This is where things got good. Seriously good. The smell of fresh bread and baked goods…it was heaven. I bought a pretzel. The size of my head. And it was warm. And salty. And perfect. I ate it while wandering around, feeling the sudden re-awakening of the traveller's glee. This pretzel almost made me forget about the lost luggage. Almost.
  • 5:00 PM - A Stroll to the Olympic Park (Post-Pretzel): My initial plan was to go to the park, but after such a large pretzel, I needed a pause. Finally, I took a stroll to the Olympic Park. It's impressive, even if it does feel a little…clinical. The architecture is cool, but my brain is still preoccupied with my luggage. I'm pretty sure I saw a cyclist eating a bratwurst while riding a bike. Only in Germany, I guess.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner at a random Beergarden (Because, Germany!): Found a traditional beergarden by following the noise of laughter and, well, the smell of grilled meat. Seriously, the Germans take their meat grilling seriously. I ordered a Schweinshaxe (roasted pork knuckle), which was, let's just say, not for the faint of heart. Gigantic and delicious. And the beer? Oh, the beer. Dark and rich, it poured down my throat. I talked to some locals who were happy and friendly, and that's when I forgot the luggage, the parking lot view, and all the small mishaps.
  • 9:00 PM - Back to the Hotel and the Luggage-less Existencial Crisis: The walk back was rough. I was full. And I was tired. And the baggage claim wasn't any better. So I collapsed in bed and started writing this.
  • 10:00 PM - Sleep (Hopefully!)

Day 2: Beer, Art, and the Elusive Luggage (Still)

  • 8:00 AM - Wake Up, Regret Last Night's Schweinshaxe: My stomach protested the earlier meat feast. Thank the heavens for the hotel's decent coffee. Had to be prepared for a day of walking.
  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast at the Hotel: This had a buffet, but I had a coffee and croissant. Simple and delicious.
  • 10:00 AM - Pinakothek der Moderne: The art museum was…overwhelming. So much art. So many rooms. So many interpretations. I spent a solid hour just staring blankly at a modern sculpture that looked like a giant crumpled piece of tin foil. (Is that art? I have no idea.) Then I found the Van Goghs and the Kandinskys, and it clicked.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch and a Mild Crisis: Found a small cafe near the museum. Had a surprisingly good sandwich and a strong coffee. But the luggage situation…still no news. Starting to feel like a ghost in the machine – traveling without my belongings. Had a mini meltdown.
  • 2:00 PM - Bavarian State Brewery: After all the serious art, I needed something lighter. And what could be better than beer? I took a tour of the brewery. Learned a lot about the beer-making process. And of course, I sampled the goods. (For research purposes, obviously.)
  • 4:00 PM - Resurfacing of the Luggage: The hotel reception suddenly buzzed. My luggage had arrived. It was like Christmas morning! I ran down immediately and hugged the poor bellhop. He seemed surprised.
  • 6:00 PM - A Quick Shopping Spree (For Essentials!): After the luggage, I did a little shopping on the way back to the hotel. This would also require filling up the empty suitcase.
  • 7:00 PM - Celebratory Dinner – With My Own Clothes!: Back in my room. Clean clothes! I took a shower for the first time since the airport. After much deliberation, I tried a restaurant that served traditional Bavarian meals that were excellent. I was happy and the world was good.

Day 3: Dachau & Farewell, Munich

  • 9:00 AM - A somber breakfast: I was still filled with a mixed sense of happiness and grief, and I decided to try the German breakfast.

  • 11:00 AM: Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site: This was a challenging but necessary experience. It’s important to remember. It’s important to see. The sheer scale of the suffering is overwhelming. I struggled to process everything I saw. I left feeling heavy, haunted, and deeply, deeply saddened, but also with a renewed sense of purpose to learn more.

  • 3:00 PM - Contemplation and Coffee: After the memorial, I needed to decompress. I found a quiet cafe, ordered coffee, and stared out the window, trying to process the morning.

  • 4:00 PM - Last Bites of Munich: One final stroll through the city, soaking in the last sights, sounds, and smells. I ate a final pretzel.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner and a quiet evening : I went back to the hotel. I was exhausted. I packed my bags and took a bath.

  • 9:00 PM - Sleep: I went to sleep as soon as possible.

  • Day 4: Departure

    • 6:00 AM- The trip home!

Okay, so that’s the messy, honest, and probably slightly rambling truth. Munich, you were a roller coaster. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I’m bringing a travel-sized therapist, duct tape, and a bigger suitcase for all the pretzels. Prost!

Hamburg's Hidden Gem: ITM Hotel Motel21 - Unbeatable Mitte Luxury!

Book Now

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany

Leonardo City North: The Good, The Bad, and The Slightly Questionable… A Munich Hotel FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, We All Need the Lowdown)

Is the Leonardo City North Actually "Hot" or Just… Warm?

Okay, let's be honest. "Hot" is a strong word. More like, "Pretty decent, especially if you're okay with a slightly… *industrial* vibe." Think less "sultry Parisian boudoir" and more "efficient, modern Munich." I mean, the photos, they *do* look glossy, right? But the reality? Well, my first impression was… *ahem*… "Well, that's… a lot of concrete." They *tried* with the art, though. Like, a lot of abstract paintings that are mostly just… colors. Sometimes I find myself staring, trying to find some meaning. Other times? I just think, "Did I accidentally wander into an IKEA showroom?" Still, you know, it functions. And the beds? Comfy enough for a tired tourist to collapse on after a beer-soaked day. So, "hot"? Debatable. "Perfectly acceptable and convenient"? Absolutely.

The Breakfast Buffet: Worth the Hype (and the Euro)?

Ah, the breakfast. This is where things get… interesting. On paper, it’s a glorious spread. Cereals, cold cuts, the elusive scrambled eggs (often a gamble, let's be real), pastries that whisper promises of deliciousness… and the *coffee*. Oh, the coffee. Now, I’m a coffee snob. I *need* my caffeine fix. The coffee at the Leonardo? Let’s just say it's… *functional*. It’ll wake you up. It won't win any awards. I may have even slightly gasped at the thinness of the first cup… a little internal "Oh, honey, NO." But the pastries! Sometimes they're heavenly. Other times? They’re slightly… *stale*. It's a gamble, people. A delicious, carbohydrate-fueled gamble. My advice? Load up on the croissants, pray for the coffee, and maybe smuggle a little something back to your room for a later snack. Just… don’t tell anyone I said that.

Location, Location, Location! How's the Neighborhood?

Okay, let's be real. It's not *exactly* in the heart of the action. This isn't *that* charming, cobblestone-street Munich. It’s… a little more industrial. But, and this is a big but (pun intended!), it's super close to the U-Bahn. Which means access to everything becomes a breeze. I'm talking practically spitting distance from the train station! The other day I was dragging my suitcase from the station after a particularly rough flight, and I nearly wept with joy! It felt an eternity until I could collapse. There are a few eateries around, a supermarket (essential!), and I even found a little Italian place that made a decent pizza. So, it’s not the most picturesque locale, but it's damn convenient. And after a long day of sightseeing, you'll *appreciate* that convenience more than you can imagine. Trust me on this one.

The Rooms: Any Surprises (Good or Bad)?

The rooms are… fine. They're clean, which is always a win. The beds are, as I said, comfy enough to pass out in after a day of beer and sausages (priorities!). My biggest gripe? The sheer *lack* of power outlets. Seriously, who designed these things? I have a phone to charge, a camera to charge, maybe even a laptop if I'm feeling ambitious… and I’m battling for socket real estate! It's a modern-day struggle. I’m constantly finding myself unplugging lamps to get a tiny bit of juice to my phone. Then again, I’m probably spending too much time on my phone, right? (eye roll) Also, the Wi-Fi can be… temperamental. Sometimes it’s blazing fast, other times you’re better off trying to communicate via carrier pigeon. Pack a portable charger, friends. You'll thank me later.

Is the Hotel Staff Helpful? Or Do They Just Speak Fluent German?

Okay, the staff… they're generally helpful. They definitely speak English, though I did have one slightly awkward encounter trying to explain a complicated situation with my reservation (my own fault, to be honest, I booked it while very tired). They were… *polite*. And that's often what you want. They're not gushing with enthusiasm, but they get the job done. I did see one woman go above and beyond for someone who was clearly struggling, so that was nice. It all really boils down to this: they’re professional, efficient, and… mostly… friendly. Don’t expect excessive small talk. Just expect your needs to be met. And if you are like me, you'll probably feel relieved about that approach.

Let's Talk Amenities: Gym, Bar, Etc. Are They Worth It?

The gym… I peeked in. It looked… functional. I am not a gym person, okay? I considered just walking home to get any exercise. I get my exercise by running between beer halls and pretzel stands. So, maybe it's great. Maybe it's a torture chamber. I wouldn't know. But if you're a fitness fanatic, it exists. The bar? That's another story. It’s a nice place to unwind after a long day of… well, everything. They serve cocktails. They have a decent selection of beers (obviously). And the prices… well, they're hotel bar prices. Meaning, slightly inflated, but you're in Munich, so what do you expect? It's a good place to people-watch and pretend you are in a classy European spy film. The ambiance is a bit… muted, but it does the trick. Just don't expect a wild party. Unless *you're* the party, of course.

Overall, Should I Stay at the Leonardo City North? Is It a Disaster?

Okay, so here’s the deal. No, it’s not a disaster. Far from it. It's a perfectly acceptable, reliable option. It's clean, convenient, and the staff is decent. It's not the *sexiest* hotel in Munich. It's not going to blow your mind with its design or its exceptional cuisine. But if you need a comfortable, well-located base from which to explore Munich, and you're not afraid of a slightly… *industrial* aesthetic, then yeah, go for it. Just don't expect perfection. Expect… *Munich*. And that, my friends, is usually pretty darn good. Just pack your own good coffee. YouDigital Nomad Hotels

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany

Leonardo Hotel Munich City North Germany