Escape to Austria: Unforgettable Stay at Best Western Tulln!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my experience at the Best Western Plus Hotel Tulln, Austria. And let me tell you, it wasn't all glitz and glamour, or, you know, perfection. This is my messy, opinionated, and hopefully helpful review, so get ready for the unvarnished truth, the good, the bad, and the slightly questionable.
First Impressions (and the Parking… oh, the Parking!)
Right off the bat, driving into Tulln… well, that's an adventure in itself. Finding the hotel? Easy peasy. Parking? Now that was a saga. Free parking, yes! But the lot? Let’s just say, space was at a premium, as in, "Hurry! Grab that spot before the tour bus from Dusseldorf gets there!" I did manage to secure a spot, though, a bit cramped, but hey, free is free. There’s also a car park on-site for more guaranteed spaces (I'm pretty sure they charge for it, though), plus electric car charging stations - kudos for that!
Accessibility & Getting Around:
Alright, let’s talk accessibility. The hotel itself seemed pretty good. They proudly boast about facilities for disabled guests, and I spotted an elevator (a godsend, that!) and I think the reception and common areas were mostly wheelchair friendly. Honestly, I didn't spend too much time scrutinizing the ramps and such, but the basics seemed to be there. There’s also a convenient airport transfer, and taxi services available.
The Room: More Than Just a Bed (and a Mini-Bar!)
The room? Nicely appointed. Clean, which is the most important thing when you’re exhausted after a day of travel. We had a "non-smoking" room, a good choice since Austrian smokers can be… dedicated. The beds were comfy with extra-long options, the blackout curtains were essential for beating the early morning Austrian sun (or, you know, sleeping off the previous night's wine), and there was a little desk area perfect for catching up on some emails. Though I’m a sucker for a good view, our room had mostly standard vista – I could happily live in a hotel room with a good view, but I was on the fence with this one, but, a good view would have elevated the experience.
Amenities & Stuff to Do (or Not to Do)
Right, this is where things get… interesting. They've got a fitness center, and a sauna and a pool… all available for guests. The hotel's wellness offerings were what really drew me in at the start. I envisioned myself lounging in the steamroom, getting a massage, followed by a luxurious body wrap. Reality? Well, I spent more time exploring Tulln itself (more on that later), the gym seemed… adequate. The pool with a view did look nice, though! No comment on those wellness perks, though, because I think the only thing I did was use the hotel's Wi-Fi, which was, thank goodness, free and actually worked in the room.
Internet Access! (Because, Let's Face It, We Need It)
Speaking of WiFi, the Best Western Tulln delivers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Check. I’m one of those people who needs to stay connected, so I was thrilled by the access being reliable, and, unlike some hotels cough cough, fast enough to actually stream a movie. They also include internet [LAN] which means business travelers have a safe and secure way to network and transfer their data.
Cleanliness & Safety: A Critical Plus
I’m a bit of a cleanliness fiend, especially post-pandemic. The Best Western scores serious points here. The hotel seemed meticulously clean, they had hand sanitizers and all that, and that “anti-viral cleaning” they advertise really made me feel at ease. Breakfast, was handled really well, with individually- wrapped food. Plus, the staff were masked and the communal areas were thoroughly sanitized and cleaned. Big kudos to them for taking safety seriously!
Food, Glorious Food! (With Reservations)
Breakfast was included. Buffet, baby! This is where the hotel really shines. We're talking about a buffet with a wide variety of options, and it was included in our stay. The hotel also has a restaurant for lunch and/or dinner, but it was a bit on the pricier side and a bit of a wait. The hotel also has a "snack bar" and a "coffee shop" which are also great!
The Little Things that Matter (and the Ones That Don’t)
- Staff: The staff were generally friendly and helpful. Not overly chatty, but professional and efficient. They even had a concierge, a nice touch.
- Daily Housekeeping: The room was always spotless after the daily clean. The fact that the room was cleaned every day was very appreciated.
- Laundry Service: Not that I needed it, but it's good to know it's there.
- Cashless Payment: Really convenient, especially with the current times.
- The "Essence of Austria" Experience: Let's be honest, there were no traditional Austrian music.
Things to do (outside the hotel)
Tulln itself? A charming little town. The hotel is conveniently located close to the town's attractions, and there's loads of stuff to do. The Donau-Auen National Park is a must-visit. And who could forget the Egon Schiele Museum?
My Final Verdict
Best Western Plus Hotel Tulln? Overall, a good choice. It's clean, comfortable, well-located. It's not the most glamorous hotel in the world, but it delivers on the essentials. If you're looking for a reliable, well-run hotel in Tulln, definitely consider this one, even if the parking situation gives you a few grey hairs. I’d go back!
SEO-Optimized Call to Action: Book Your Escape to Vienna's Backdoor!
Tired of the same old vacation? Discover the charm of Tulln, Austria, and book your unforgettable stay at the Best Western Plus Hotel Tulln!
- Unbeatable Comfort: Enjoy spacious, clean rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Wellness Retreat: Relax, rejuvenate, and enjoy the hotel's offerings
- Perfect Base for Exploration: Explore the beautiful Donau-Auen National Park and the Egon Schiele Museum.
- Safe & Secure: With rigorous cleanliness measures, you can relax and enjoy your escape.
Click here and book your escape to Best Western Plus Hotel Tulln now!
Indonesian Paradise: Your Private Pool Villa Awaits (V438)Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is the one where I – a slightly frazzled, perpetually hungry, and occasionally overwhelmed human – tried to navigate the majestic, and at times, baffling, land of Austria, specifically with a pitstop in the Best Western Hotel Tulln. Prepare for a rollercoaster.
The Tulln Tango: A Best Western Odyssey (with a Side of Existential Dread)
Day 1: Vienna Arrival & Existential Angst (Plus, the Best Western's Bathroom – Seriously, though!)
- Morning (ish): Landed in Vienna. Everything’s…German-y. Which, you know, is a whole vibe. Found the train to Tulln. The train was…a train. I’m really good at observing the obvious.
- Afternoon: Dragged my luggage (which now feels suspiciously heavy, why is that always the case?) to the Best Western in Tulln. Honestly? The lobby wasn’t bad. Kind of…beige. Beige is the national color of…well, a lot of hotels, apparently. Got my key, got to my room. And then… the bathroom. Listen, I'm a simple woman. I need a shower that doesn’t threaten to decapitate me with water pressure and a toilet that works. The Best Western's bathroom, bless its heart, was okay. It did the job. Mostly.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Walked around Tulln. The Danube River! Majestic. The town square! Charming. My stomach! Rumbling incessantly. Found a cafe. Ordered something I thought was a pastry but turned out to be… well, something with a lot of cream. Ate it anyway. Regretted nothing. Except maybe the choice of shoes (blisters are a harsh mistress).
- Evening: Back at the hotel. Contemplating the meaning of life while watching cable TV. (Austrian cable TV. Intriguing. Occasionally confusing.) The bed was comfy, though! Ah, the simple pleasures.
Day 2: Art, Anxiety, and the All-Important Austrian Breakfast
- Morning: The BREAKFAST! This is where the Best Western really shines. Okay, maybe not shine, but glow. The buffet. The coffee machine. The vast array of breads. The cheese! Cheese, glorious cheese! I may have overdone it. I definitely overdid it. My conscience: pinging. My stomach: blissfully unconcerned.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: A trip to the Egon Schiele Museum in Tulln. This is where things got intense. Man, Schiele's art. Beautiful. Disturbing. Made me deeply uncomfortable (in a good way? Maybe? I don't know!). I wandered around, feeling everything, nothing, and all the feelings in between. The best art always does that, right? (Or is it just me trying to justify my emotional meltdown in front of the paintings? I don't know.)
- Afternoon: Lunch. Found a restaurant recommended online. Oops. The restaurant was under construction. "No worries!" I figured, "I'll find something else." This is not how it works, my friend. I wandered and wandered because, I tell you, it's a little hard to find restaurants in the afternoon in Tulln. Eventually, I found a bakery. Problem solved.
- Evening: Back to the hotel. More cable. More existential dread. And, yes, more thinking about how much cheese I ate. Is there a cheese-induced existential crisis? There should be. Because I'm probably having one.
Day 3: The Tulln Market, (Maybe) Learning German, and Departure (with a Slightly Heavier Suitcase)
- Morning: The Tulln market! Fresh produce, flowers, and, of course, more cheese. (I may have developed a problem.) Tried to speak German. Utterly failed. But the friendly people! Even made a clumsy attempt to buy some apples. They just laughed and sold me the darn apples anyway. Success!
- Lunch: Enjoyed some delicious food at the market. Local produce and baked goods. I'm seeing a pattern…
- Afternoon: Packing. Ugh. Always a nightmare. This time, even worse. My luggage, as mentioned before, is now about to explode from all the cheese. I actually feel like I gained weight during my trip.
- Late Afternoon: One last mournful look at the Best Western room. It was perfectly functional, and fine. And the breakfast, you know… the breakfast. Train back to Vienna and, hopefully, to the next adventure (and, more importantly, something that doesn't have cheese at every meal).
Epilogue: Austrain Reflections (Cheese Included)
So, the Best Western in Tulln? Perfectly…fine. The real story? Well, the actual story is the Austrian experience. The art, the food, the language barrier, the feeling of being a stranger in a beautiful land. The existential dread. The cheese. It's a messy, beautiful, and a mildly terrifying experience. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. My suitcase, and my soul, really need it… maybe I'll dream of cheese.
Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secret of Chapa Ecolodge, VietnamEscape to Austria: Best Western Tulln - FAQs (and a Whole Lot More!)
Because, let's be honest, planning a trip is a wild ride...
Okay, so Best Western Tulln...Is it actually 'unforgettable' like the brochure says?
Unforgettable? Hah! Depends what you call "unforgettable." Did I forget to pack my charger? Yes, ABSOLUTELY. Is it going to stick with me in the annals of history? Probably not. But! It was a solid, comfortable haven after a long flight, the kind that whispers "rest" instead of screaming "luxury." It's like... the reliable friend who always has a packet of tissues when you need them. You might not *write* a sonnet about them, but you're damn glad they're around.
And the breakfast...we'll get to the breakfast. It *was* unforgettable in a "how much Sachertorte can one human consume before they spontaneously combust?" kind of way.
What's the deal with the location? Is Tulln even...exciting?
Right, Tulln. Look, it's not exactly Vienna, teeming with opera houses and horse-drawn carriages. It's a smaller town, charming in a "quiet riverside escape" kind of way. Think of it as the chill older sibling of the boisterous capital.
But honestly? I LOVED it. Being near the Danube was incredible – that water just *flows* with a certain...peace. We spent a whole afternoon wandering around the town, which involved us completely and utterly getting lost (which, by the way, is my *favorite* thing to do on vacation). Found a teeny tiny bakery that smelled of pure heaven. And the people… So incredibly friendly. Even when I butchered my attempts at ordering something in German.
Yes, it might not be the most *happening* place, but it’s got this genuine, unfussy vibe. Which is exactly what I needed after the chaos of getting *to* Austria.
The rooms...are they actually clean? (Asking the REAL questions here.)
Okay, okay, let's be real. CLEANLINESS. This is paramount. And YES. The rooms were spotless. Like, genuinely sparkling. I’m talking no rogue hairs in the bathroom (a personal pet peeve!), no dust bunnies plotting world domination. The bed was comfortable too – I crashed hard every night. Seriously, the kind of sleep that makes you question your existence for a brief moment when you wake up because you're not sure how you got there.
Okay, okay, I’ll admit, I am a bit of a clean freak. But I'm happy to report that the Best Western Tulln passed the “white glove test” with flying colors! Plus, the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. That's a win in my book.
What about the breakfast? Tell me *everything* about the breakfast.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. The breakfast. It’s where things got… intense. See, I have a problem. A *serious* problem. I have zero self-control around breakfast buffets. And this one… it was a *beast*.
First: The bread. CRISPY, crusty bread. And the selection of cheese. Oh, the CHEESE! And the meats! Prosciutto, salami… my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And the eggs! Cooked to perfection. And the coffee… *strong* coffee. The kind that jumpstarts your day and makes you feel like you could conquer the world (or at least the mountain of food in front of you).
Then there was the Sachertorte. Rich, decadent, chocolatey glory. I swear, I ate at least three slices. Maybe four. I’m not proud. But I have no regrets. Zero.
Okay, here’s the honest truth: I probably overate. Maybe I felt a little sluggish in the afternoon. But the memory of that breakfast? Pure joy. Worth every extra calorie. It was the culinary highlight – an experience in itself. Plan ahead, wear loose pants, and dive in. You have been warned!
Is it good value for money? Are we talking 'robbed blind' or actually decent?
Honestly? I thought it was REALLY good value. Austria can be a bit pricey, let's be honest. But the Best Western Tulln felt… fair. Not cheap, mind you. But you get what you pay for. A clean, comfortable room, a FABULOUS breakfast (I can't stress this enough!), and genuinely friendly service. That's worth a lot, in my book.
Plus, the location itself makes it a good base for exploring the area. You can easily drive to other interesting places, and parking was convenient. Considering everything, I felt I got a good deal. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. (Especially for that breakfast…)
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The staff were lovely. Seriously, genuinely lovely. English was spoken, which was a HUGE relief for someone whose German extends to “Bitte ein Bier” (and even that might be a bit rusty). They were incredibly helpful, offering advice on local attractions, directions, recommendations for restaurants… they even helped me figure out how to work the TV remote, which is a feat in itself. (Seriously, why are TV remotes so complicated these days?)
I had a small issue with the Wi-Fi (it was my fault, probably. I'm technologically challenged.), and they sorted it out immediately, with a smile. That kind of service makes a huge difference. You feel like they actually care about you having a good time. And that, my friends, is priceless. They added to the positive experience.
Are there restaurants nearby? Don't want to be stuck eating hotel food (unless the hotel food is *that* good, of course).
Yes! Thankfully, you're not trapped in a culinary wasteland. There's a good selection of restaurants within walking distance, and even more if you're willing to take a short drive. We discovered a fantastic little place that served the most incredible Wiener Schnitzel – light, crispy, and perfectly seasoned. It was pure Austrian bliss. (They even served a decent beer!).
The hotel also has a restaurant, and to be fair, it wasn’t bad. But exploring the local options is part of the fun! And you *know* I love a good adventure (especially when it involves food). Plus, it was nice to stroll around the town in the evening. It allowedStay And Relax