Unbelievable Hilton Near Hill AFB! (Clearfield, UT)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, frankly, Unbelievable Hilton Near Hill AFB! in Clearfield, Utah. And let me tell you, I’ve got opinions. Forget the sterile travel brochure speak; we're going full-on "trip report meets existential crisis" here.
First Impressions (and the Parking Situation, Ugh)
Alright, so, you gotta understand, I rolled up expecting… well, a Hilton. Standard, reliable, maybe a little beige. And the exterior? Yeah, it's beige. Doesn't scream "Unbelievable!" But hey, looks can be deceiving, right?
The free parking? Praise be! In this economy, that’s practically a luxury. Though, getting a spot near the entrance? Forget about it on a busy weekend. But hey! At least it has a parking lot.
Accessibility: Bless Their Hearts, They Try
Let's talk accessibility. This is always a HUGE deal for me because I’m a clumsy klutz and I know how important accessibility is for others too. They do have it. Elevators are present – a must! Several areas are wheelchair accessible. And that’s a good start. But I'd need to do a deep dive with a proper accessibility audit to give a full account. The devil's in the details, you know?
Internet… Oh, the Internet… and the Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! (Thank. God.)
Okay, this is critical. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! Hallelujah! I'm a digital nomad, a travel blogger, and a caffeine addict. Without Wi-Fi, I… well, I become a grumpy, caffeine-deprived monster. The Wi-Fi speed was actually decent. No buffering nightmares during my Zoom calls. Bless. The. Gods. They also have Internet [LAN] if you somehow travel with a desktop computer like some sort of time traveler. (But honestly, who does that anymore?)
Food Glorious Food: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Let's Be Realistic)
Okay, the food. Let’s get real. Hotel restaurants are rarely spectacular. The restaurants here, they're… serviceable. They aren’t going to win any Michelin stars, but you can get fed.
- Breakfast [Buffet]: The buffet. A classic. They do have the usual suspects: scrambled eggs, sad-looking bacon, the mysterious “sausage patties.” But hey, it's a buffet. You can stuff your face, which is always a plus. Note to self: Next time, investigate the Asian breakfast offerings, maybe a hidden gem?
- Coffee Shop: Ah, the coffee shop. Essential. Especially when you're battling jet lag or just the crushing weight of existence. The coffee was… coffee. Predictable. Which, sometimes, is exactly what you need.
- Room Service [24-hour]: Lifesaver. Especially after a long day of… well, anything. I got a burger. It was… a burger. Edible, and delivered quickly. Victory!
- Poolside bar: Didn't see this.
- Happy hour: I’m a HUGE fan of happy hour, but apparently, I missed it because I was too busy trying to get my act together. Sadness!
Wellness Woes (or, My Failed Attempt at Relaxation)
Okay, so, I consider myself to be a spa rat, I love a spa and was fully prepared to have a spa day!
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool looked… okay. Clean-ish? The surrounding area? Less inspiring. Felt like a concrete jungle.
- Fitness center: The fitness center was… a room with equipment. Functional. Not exactly inspiring. And I barely saw anyone using it. I attempted to climb up for my daily stair workout and completely ran out of steam and gave up. This thing with me and exercise, oh my…
- Sauna, Steamroom, Spa: These were all listed, but I somehow missed them or failed to locate them.
Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal
This is always front of mind these days, and they do seem to be trying. They’ve got the standard stuff: masks, hand sanitizers, and all that jazz. The staff seemed to be following the protocols. I did see several Anti-viral cleaning products. The room itself felt clean. But I'm always skeptical, you know? I've yet to actually see the sanitizing services in action.
Rooms: The Sanctuary (Maybe? Often, not quite)
The room itself was pretty standard Hilton fare.
- Air conditioning: Essential in Utah. And it worked!
- Free bottled water: Always appreciated. Because hydration is key, people, key!
- Comfortable Bed? Yes! This is a major factor in any hotel stay, and the beds in my room were perfectly satisfactory.
- Seperate shower/bathtub: The bath was clean though, not a massive amount of mold, and the lighting was decent.
One minor quibble: the view from my room was… a brick wall. But hey, at least it wasn't the parking lot!
Services and Conveniences: Stuff You Sort Of Expect
They had the usual suspects:
- Daily housekeeping: Thank you.
- Concierge: Did not interact.
- Laundry service: Always useful if you're traveling light.
- Elevator: Yay, elevators. They’re essential for human survival unless you enjoy climbing stairs all day!
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Again, a win.
For the Kids (And the Kid in You)
- Family/child friendly: The hotel seems reasonably kid-friendly. Though I did not see any kids.
- Babysitting service: Good to know if you need it.
Getting Around: The Wheels of Fortune
- Airport transfer: Available! Helpful if you don't want to wrestle with a rental car.
- Car park [free of charge]: Score!
The Quirky Observations and the Imperfections
Okay, here's where it gets real.
- The signage. Oh, the signage. A bit confusing. I spent a solid five minutes wandering around trying to find the fitness center.
- The staff? Generally friendly, but also… possibly a little overworked. I got the impression of quiet, efficient professionalism. Not a bad thing, but maybe a little… beige?
- The overall vibe? Perfectly… fine. Not particularly memorable, but not awful.
The Offer (My Pitch, Baby!)
Okay, so, here's the deal. This isn't a perfect hotel -- it’s a place to stop on your way to somewhere else. But it's Reliable and if you're looking for a solid, no-nonsense stay near Hill AFB, then the Unbelievable Hilton Near Hill AFB in Clearfield, UT is your best bet.
Here's my offer for you:
Book your stay at the Unbelievable Hilton Near Hill AFB! and I'll offer you a complimentary insider tip in the local area, for the best burger.
Book now and get:
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and fueled!
- Free Parking: Leave the car behind!
- Complimentary Breakfast: Because you deserve it!
- Close to Hill AFB and Clearfield: Easy Access
Don't expect anything too fancy, but expect reliability. So go, book the stay now, and tell them I sent you!
(P.S. Don't expect miracles. It's a Hilton. But sometimes, you just need a reliable Hilton, and this one gets the job done.)
Escape to Paradise: Ant Apart Hotel, Turkey Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into a trip to… Clearfield, Utah. Specifically, the Tru by Hilton near Hill Air Force Base. Don't judge. Okay, maybe judge a little. I was promised a "Getaway," and this is where my life landed. Let's see if we can make some sparks fly.
The Clearfield Caprice: A Semi-Structured Chaos (and the Real-Time Ramblings of a Highly Unreliable Narrator)
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (Mostly Jokes, I Promise)
- 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). The usual airport shuffle. The conveyor belt that doesn't want my suitcase, even after being shoved. This is the beginning? I'm already regretting it. Is this what life is? Existential dread wrapped in airline peanuts? Anyway, grabbed my rental car. A silver Camry. At least it's not a minivan. Tiny victory.
- 2:30 PM: The drive to Clearfield. Turns out, Utah is…brown. And flat-ish. Like a giant, perfectly made cookie, ready to be eaten.
- 3:30 PM: Check into the Tru by Hilton. Okay, the lobby is… bright. Like, aggressively bright. The kind of bright that makes you squint and wonder if you accidentally wandered into a children's playhouse. "Welcome to optimism!" the neon sign practically screams. I’m trying to be optimistic. It's hard.
- 4:00 PM (ish): Explore the hotel. I found a decent coffee machine - praise the heavens! I'm still trying to accept that this is my life.
- 4:30 - 6:00 PM: Unpack, settle in. Stare out the window at… well, not much. A parking lot and a distant mountain range. The mountains kinda salvage things. They're majestic, even from here. I'm a sucker for mountains. They give you perspective, you know? Make all the little life-grudges seem…well, a little smaller.
- 6:30 PM: Dinner. I decided that the only thing that can cheer me up is a burger. And fries!! I'm heading to a local burger place, hoping it's a greasy haven. I'm hungry…I'm bored…and if this burger isn't epic, I might just cry into my soda. Wish me luck. Update: The burger was…okay. The fries were soggy. Okay I'm crying into my soda.
Day 2: Air Force Base Bliss (or, The Day My Inner Child Was Briefly Seduced)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up, bleary-eyed. I'm getting used to this routine.
- 9:00 AM: Decide to go to the Hill Aerospace Museum, which is apparently on the base. My original plan was to stay in bed and watch trashy TV, but I decided to feel obligated to do something.
- 9:45 AM: Arrive at the Hill Aerospace Museum. Okay, now we're talking. This is ACTUALLY amazing. Seriously. Giant planes. Missiles. The stuff of childhood dreams! I'm walking around with my jaw practically on the floor. Maybe Clearfield isn't so bad, after all.
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Wander around the museum. I spent way too long ogling the SR-71 Blackbird. It's beautiful. A beast. I pretended I was a top gun pilot for like an hour, and I may have gotten a bit emotional.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the museum's cafeteria. Okay, standard cafeteria fare. But I wasn’t there for the food. I was there for the experience.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted. All that marvel is… a lot. Take a nap.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt to find a decent coffee shop other than the hotel. I'm starting to think this is impossible. Utah's coffee scene is… an enigma.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Pizza this time. Because, carbs.
- 7:00 PM: Stare at the ceiling. Start to read a book. Fall asleep with it on my face.
Day 3: The "Adventure" Begins (or, The Quest for the Elusive Local Flavor)
- 9:00 AM: Sleep in. My body has decided I need a nap.
- 10:00 AM: Decide to explore Clearfield, and find a local treasure.
- 11:00 AM: Drive aimlessly, hoping for inspiration. Find a strip mall. Sigh.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a place that promises local flavor. It's…okay. The service is friendly, though. That counts for something.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Attempt to find something interesting to do. Drive around. Look at the mountains. Contemplate my life choices.
- 4:00 PM: Realize I'm going to need to find something to do, and I have no other options.
- 5:00 PM: Dinner. Back to the hotel. Sigh.
- 6:00 PM: Watch TV. Stare out the window. Contemplate life. Okay, I'm getting restless. I need to get out of here.
Day 4: Departure (and a Promise to Myself)
- 8:00 AM: Pack. Say goodbye to the Tru by Hilton.
- 9:00 AM: Drive back to Salt Lake City Airport.
- 11:00 AM: Board the plane.
- 1:00 PM: Land.
- Forever: Make a promise to myself to plan a proper trip next time. Make it somewhere, anywhere, BUT Clearfield. No offense, Clearfield. It's not you, it's me. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find some happiness in the mundane, but until then, I need adventure.