Tru by Hilton Colony: Unbeatable Rates & Amazing Amenities!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're diving headfirst into my messy, hilarious, and brutally honest review of Tru by Hilton Colony… and trust me, it's gonna be a ride. Forget those polished, corporate hotel reviews – this is the real deal.
Tru by Hilton Colony: Unbeatable Rates & Amazing Amenities! – My Honest, Slightly Chaotic Take
Alright, so, Tru by Hilton Colony. Let's be real, "Unbeatable Rates & Amazing Amenities!" is…a catchy tagline. Sounds like something a robot would say, right? But hey, a budget-friendly hotel with perks? I’m in! I booked a room there, just to give you the lowdown, the whole shebang.
First Impressions & Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
Okay, so first things first: Accessibility. HUGE win here. Wheelchair accessible? Check. Elevator? Double-check. That's already a massive weight off my shoulders. No fun trying to wrestle a suitcase up a flight of stairs. The whole "facilities for disabled guests" bit got a solid, thumbs-up emoji from yours truly.
Now, the exterior corridor thing threw me for a sec. Made me feel like I was in a motel from a cheesy 80s movie. But hey, easier to haul my luggage in, right? The car park [free of charge] was a godsend. Parking is the bane of my existence. And the car park [on-site] means less walking. Sweet! And for the eco-conscious, car power charging station. Nice touch, Tru.
As for Check-in/out [express] vs. Check-in/out [private] – I went for the express option because, tbh, my patience is thinner than a supermodel's hair. Worked like a charm. Front desk [24-hour] is a godsend; late-night cravings or emergency hairspray runs? They got you covered.
(Rambles & Revelations Begin Here: I Swear I'm Organized-ish!)
Okay, before I go on, I gotta say… I have a crippling fear of elevators - I had a thing happen once. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say I was expecting the worst, even with the safe one. But, the elevator was spacious, clean, and fast. Which, after the trauma, I was eternally happy about!
The Room: A Minimalist Oasis (Mostly)
Alright, let’s talk rooms. “Available in all rooms”… air conditioning and free Wi-Fi? Yes, please! Air conditioning, essential for my Florida swamp ass; and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's a must-have in this day and age. And I'm here to say, the wi-fi worked! The fact that there's Internet access – wireless should be a given, but I've been burned before! The Internet access – LAN is there if you need it, but who even uses those things anymore?
The room itself? Clean, surprisingly spacious, with all the basics. Non-smoking? Whew. A major win for sensitive noses like mine. Blackout curtains? YES! My sleep schedule demands them. Alarm clock, desk, mirror, luggage rack– all the necessities, present and accounted for. I noticed a laptop workspace – cool for the workaholics. Socket near the bed? Genius! And a comfy seating area! Ah, bliss!
The bathroom was spotless, with a shower, toiletries, and lots of towels. Always appreciate a good, fluffy towel. They even gave me a hair dryer, so I didn't have to walk around looking like a startled poodle.
Ah, and I can't forget the mini bar. Sadly, I wanted wine in my room. There was a refrigerator, but no booze. Major bummer. I'm kind of a wine-hound. Maybe next time, Tru?
(Things That Made Me Go "Hmm…" and "Woohoo!")
Okay, here's a little peek at the stuff that stood out: Complimentary tea, coffee/tea maker, and free bottled water? Score! Made me feel like I was getting a bit more than just a bed and a bathroom. I really enjoyed my morning coffee, it's always a nice start!
The Amenities: The Good, the Questionable, and the "Meh"
Let's delve into the juicy stuff:
- The Pool (With a View!) – I'm an indoor cat, but it sure did look inviting – the Swimming pool [outdoor] was clean and I loved that they had a Poolside bar.
- Fitness Center & Spa – Yeah, I skipped the Fitness center… My idea of 'fitness' involves the remote control and Netflix. I am not a gym person. The Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, etc.? Looked lovely, but I sadly didn't get a chance to try them. Maybe next time?
- Dining & Drinking – Okay, the Breakfast [buffet] was decent. Not gourmet, but perfectly acceptable. I loaded up on the waffles. Coffee/tea in restaurant? Tick. There was a Coffee shop, too, plus some tasty Desserts in restaurant. YUM. I would have loved a fancy restaurant – A la carte in restaurant, but the Snack bar, was handy for quick bites. The Poolside bar was cool. The Bar was lively. I had some drinks there.
- Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Okay, here’s the thing about these hotels. I'm a low-key person, so I’m not expecting much in terms of entertainment, and I'm not sure what kind of Spa/sauna they really had!
- Services and Conveniences: The Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, and Dry cleaning were all awesome. The Concierge was super helpful. They also offered Cash withdrawal, and a Convenience store.
- Safety and Cleanliness: A HUGE Win – I was super impressed! The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays? Huge peace of mind. The Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere were great, and Staff trained in safety protocol. Well done, Tru! And I loved the cashless payment, a very nice touch.
(Food, Glorious Food (With a Few Minor Hiccups)…)
The food situation was… well, a mixed bag! The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty standard, but I loved the Asian breakfast. I wish I had gone over to the Vegetarian restaurant or tried the Asian cuisine in restaurant, but oh well! I ended up making do with the Snack bar, which was pretty good.
The Quirks and the Imperfections: Embrace the Realness!
Okay, here's where I get real. This isn’t a 5-star hotel, people. And that's okay! The room decorations, while nice, weren’t blowing my socks off. The Room service [24-hour] was available, blessedly after a day of travel delays and hangry-ness.
(The Bottom Line: Would I Go Back?
Hell yeah, I would! Tru by Hilton Colony is a solid choice. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean hotel with all the basic amenities and a few nice extras (like that awesome pool), at a very attractive price, then book it!
The Ultimate Offer: My Own Personal Guarantee!
Tired of overpriced hotels that promise the world and deliver disappointment? Say goodbye to hotel headaches and hello to Tru by Hilton Colony!
- Unbeatable Rates: Get incredible value for your money without sacrificing comfort or convenience.
- Amazing Amenities: From a sparkling outdoor pool to a well-equipped gym, enjoy a stay packed with extras.
- Squeaky-Clean & Safe: Rest assured, knowing our team prioritizes your health and safety with top-notch cleaning protocols.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with lightning-fast internet throughout the hotel.
Book your stay at Tru by Hilton Colony today and experience the perfect blend of value, comfort, and convenience! Don't wait – rooms are filling up fast! Click here to book your room at the Colony's most talked hotel!"
Luxury Getaway: St. Gregory Hotel - Dupont/Georgetown Charm!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because my Tru by Hilton The Colony, Texas, itinerary? Let's just say it's gonna be less "polished travel blogger" and more "chaotic, caffeine-fueled adventure with a side of existential dread and a generous helping of questionable choices." Here we go…
Tru by Hilton The Colony: Operation "Fake Vacation, Real Mess"
Pre-Trip Ramblings (Because Honestly, Who Even Plans Perfectly?)
Ugh, the drive. Okay, I thought I was being a smart cookie, snagging a Tru. Cheap, clean, supposedly "hip." But the whole "Texas" thing? It's a commitment, you know? Texas! The size of a small European country! My GPS is currently trying to lead me through a cow pasture; I swear. (And what ARE "road trains"?!) Plus, I forgot my phone charger, so this whole digital life is basically running on fumes. Send help. And maybe a strong coffee.
Day 1: Arrival, Questionable Choices, and That Damn Pool (aka "The Day My Reality Check Arrived")
- 1:00 PM - Check-in (or the Art of Pretending to Be a Functional Adult): Okay, so I look vaguely presentable. I may or may not have slept in those clothes last night. The front desk guy is way too chipper. "Welcome to Tru!" he practically bellows. Is "Tru" supposed to mean "Truth?" Because the truth is, I'm exhausted. And I'm already regretting not packing a decent book.
- 1:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance and Mild Panic: The room is… fine. Standard Tru. Bright colors, minimalist decor. (By the way, why MUST every hotel room have that weird, generic "art" that looks like it was sourced at a garage sale?) The air conditioner is blasting like a banshee. Oh, wait. There's a king-sized bed! Score. Except I'm alone. Cue existential crisis #1.
- 2:30 PM - Poolside Debacle: I decided to embrace the "relaxed vacation" vibe and hit the pool. BIG MISTAKE. The pool is… fine. Clean-ish. But it’s packed with kids doing a full-on cannonball competition. I swear one of them nearly beached herself on my lounge chair. I lasted about 10 minutes before retreating to my room, defeated. And now? I'm sunburnt. Great.
- 4:00 PM - Grocery Store Run (of Shame): Okay, I forgot to pack snacks, which is utterly crucial to my survival. So I stumble to the local grocery store, which is enormous and overwhelming. I navigate the aisles, clutching a half-empty bottle of water, feeling profoundly uncool. I end up with a family-sized bag of chips, a pint of ice cream (because, therapy), and a single, sad-looking apple. Priorities.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner at a "Highly Rated" Restaurant (and the Crushing Weight of Expectations): I’m going out on a limb and trying a highly-rated local Mexican place. The reviews said it was “authentic” and “unforgettable.” I’m hoping to escape the hotel pool madness at least. The enchiladas are pretty good, but it's loud, the service is spotty, and I spent most of the meal staring wistfully into my margarita, contemplating the meaning of life. Unforgettable? Maybe. In a way I didn't expect.
- 8:00 PM - Back-to-the-Room Blues and Endless Scrolling: Back in the room, the hotel TV is a wasteland of infomercials. I fall into the black hole of Instagram, endlessly scrolling through pictures of people… having amazing vacations. Jealousy is a particularly nasty shade of green, you know? I've spent about two hours just feeling sorry for myself. I need a distraction. So I eat more chips. (I regret nothing.)
Day 2: The Big Experience… and the Big Letdown (aka "Embracing the Mundane")
- 9:00 AM - The Infamous "Complimentary Breakfast": Oh, dear God. "Hot" breakfast. "Fresh fruit." It's a buffet of sorrow. The scrambled eggs look suspiciously yellow. The "fruit" is mostly overripe bananas and sad-looking melon. I settle for a waffle, which is, admittedly, acceptable. I vow to make a mental note about it next time.
- 10:00 AM - The "Main Event": I finally convince myself to hit that place everyone raved about online, a local attraction! After a very long drive (Texas, remember?) I get there. And it's… okay. Look, it's fine. It's something. But it doesn't quite live up to the hype. It's crowded, it's noisy, and I'm mostly just wondering why I felt obligated to visit in the first place. And the gift shop? Don't even get me started.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch and Reality Kicks In: I grab a burger at a random diner after leaving. The burger is fantastic. The waitress is incredibly kind. I realize I'm actually having a pretty decent time, even if I wasn't moved by the "great attraction." I decide it's okay to lower expectations, that maybe the point of travel isn't to be impressed all the time.
- 3:00 PM - Back to the Tru, Back to the Room Blues: I find myself back in my room, the familiar hum of the air conditioner a comforting signal. I decide to actually use the pool, and this time, it's… slightly better. Fewer children, more sun.
- 5:00 PM - Realization, Followed by a Nap: I realize that maybe, just maybe, the point of this trip isn't to have an epic, Instagram-worthy adventure. Maybe it's just to… be. To get away from the routine, to read a book, to eat terrible chips in a king-sized bed. I nap. I needed that.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner and the Unexpected Spark: I decide to try the (very) low-key restaurant across from the hotel. The food is surprisingly good! And I strike up a conversation with a friendly local. We talk for hours! About everything and nothing. It's the most genuinely interesting part of the trip.
- 9:00 PM - Back in the room and another realization: This, this, is what travelling is about. The moments you don't plan, the connections you might not make. The good, the bad, and the downright ugly.
Day 3: Departure (and the Promise of Further Messiness)
- 7:00 AM - Waffle, Take Two (and a Bit of Hope): Okay, maybe the breakfast isn't that bad. And, actually, I kinda like the waffle. Go figure.
- 8:00 AM - Packing and Mild Regret: This entire suitcase-packing thing is a mess. I should have brought… more. Less. Whatever.
- 9:00 AM - Check-out and the Final Goodbye: The same chipper guy is at the front desk. I smile back. Maybe I didn't see much of Texas, maybe I was a bit of a grumpy tourist, but maybe it all went to plan.
- 9:30 AM - The Long Drive Home: The road stretches ahead. My phone is barely hanging on. The car radio spouts some classic rock tunes. And, hey, maybe I'll come back someday. Maybe not. But I'm okay with that. I have a whole stack of chips, a half-eaten apple in the cooler, and a bunch of memories (good and bad) that are all mine. And isn't that the point?
- 10:00 AM - Driving and Wondering: Road trains. Still baffled.
So...Tru by Hilton Colony. Is it *really* as cheap as they say? Seriously, what's the catch?
Okay, honest moment. I’ve stayed in places that cost more than my rent (ugh, budgeting!), and I've stayed in places that made a hostel look like a palace (double ugh). With Tru, though? Yeah, the rates are surprisingly good. I’m talking "snapping up a last-minute deal and feeling like you've won the lottery" good.
The "catch"? Well, it’s not a five-star spa resort, alright? You're not getting a butler or a pillow menu. They *focus* on the essentials, and they do those essentials pretty darn well. Clean rooms, comfy beds, decent breakfast (we’ll get to that…), and a generally chilled-out vibe that doesn't judge your questionable fashion choices. Look, I stayed there last month, totally forgot my dress-up shoes for the business trip, and no one even looked at me sideways. That says a lot.
The "Amazing Amenities" thing – what's the actual deal? Don't they all say that?
Alright, let's break this down. "Amazing" is subjective, right? For me, “amazing” is something that prevents a total meltdown after a long day of travel. Tru's got this lobby thing – imagine a really bright, colorful, and surprisingly social living room, even if you're alone with your laptop and a giant Diet Coke. It really does feel chill. There's a pool table, which I tried once (badly!), board games galore (I got demolished at Scrabble), and a little market with snacks.
Then there's the breakfast. Oh, breakfast. It's… colorful. Seriously. They have this crazy waffle maker that's like a permanent carnival in the corner. And the toppings! I swear, I saw someone build a waffle sundae that would make a five-year-old weep with joy. Honestly, I usually just grab some yogurt and fruit because I'm trying to eat healthy (yeah, right!), but seeing other people go wild with the waffle station is part of the fun. Okay, I may have sneaked a mini-waffle or two... Don't judge.
The Rooms! Are they, like, *tiny*? Because I need space to spread out my… stuff, you know?
Okay, yeah, the rooms aren’t exactly mansions. They're more… efficiently designed. Perfectly fine. They're not the size of a closet, thankfully! But, hey I'm a minimalist (sort of. My closet might disagree). It's a great space. Smart use of the space, but if you're the kind of person who travels with enough clothes to outfit a small army, prepare to strategize. But it’s all clean and modern and the beds are genuinely comfy, which is what matters most, right?!
Tell me honestly, the breakfast: is it a greasy, sad disaster?
Okay, look. It's not a gourmet brunch extravaganza. But it's *way* better than you'd expect for the price point. There's your usual cereal, yogurt, fruit, and pastries. But the star is that waffle machine. I'm not even kidding. It's a work of art. And the toppings! Nutella, whipped cream, sprinkles… pure, unadulterated joy (or a sugar rush, depending on your perspective). And they have these little breakfast sandwiches which is great if you're in a hurry to catch a flight.
I'll be straight: the coffee isn't the best coffee I've ever had. In fact it's pretty standard... but it's free, and it does the job. There's also this orange juice that comes out of a machine. Actually pretty good, and I'm a bit of a juice snob, so that's saying something!
Look, I value a good, *easy* breakfast. And Tru provides a good easy breakfast. It's not winning awards. It's not going to change your life. But it'll fill you up and fuel you for the day. And sometimes, that's all you need.
What's the Wi-Fi Situation? I can't live without the Internet! (Dramatic, I know.)
Okay, I feel you. The internet is the lifeblood of modern existence. Tru's Wi-Fi? Generally reliable. I streamed Netflix, answered a million emails, and even managed a video call with my Mom (bless her heart). It's not lightning-fast, but it gets the job done. Didn't experience any dreaded buffering nightmares or random drop-outs. *Phew*.
Is Tru by Hilton Colony a good choice for families with kids?
Honestly? I think it could be great. The fact they have common games, a pool table to keep them distracted. Plus the bright colors and somewhat simplistic design *might* be a hit with the younger crowd. Just be aware rooms aren't huge. The breakfast bar is practically designed for kids. Waffles, cereal, fruit – it's kid-friendly on every level. However, if you need a ton of space, consider requesting connecting rooms or look for a larger suite if that's a thing. And remember, no promises kids will be entertained. The pool table is optional and can give you an escape.
Let's talk location - how's the area surrounding Tru by Hilton Colony?
This is... subjective, it really REALLY depends on the specific Tru by Hilton Colony, and what you, specifically want and need. There's something. I can't give a blanket statement. I have stayed in one in a place where there were a few good restaurants within walking distance, which was great for a post-travel meal. Another one was more tucked away, and I needed a car to get to most places. I would suggest checking a map, and reading reviews concerning the specific location of the Tru by Hilton Colony you're considering. Some are great for transit, others not so much.
So, any final thoughts? Would you recommend it?
Look, for the price? Absolutely. Tru by Hilton Colony isn't trying to be something it's not. It's clean, comfortable, and surprisingly fun. It's not a palace but it does what it sets out to do. Don't go expecting perfection, and you'll probably be quite happy. I'd book it again in a heartbeat... as long as I get to make those waffles! 🧇