Unleash Your Inner Royalty: Pride of Lincoln's Luxurious Getaway!
Unleash Your Inner Royalty: Pride of Lincoln's Luxurious Getaway! - A Review That's More Wine-Fueled Rant Than Brochure
Okay, buckle up buttercups! I've just staggered, I mean, gracefully glided, out of the Pride of Lincoln's Luxurious Getaway, and I'm still reeling. This isn't your grandma's budget motel. This is… well, it's something alright. Let's peel back the gilded (probably) layers and see if this place truly deserves to be called "royal." (Spoiler alert: I may or may not have accidentally stolen a robe. Oops.)
First Impressions (or, How I Tripped Over My Own Feet in the Lobby):
The Pride of Lincoln is… imposing. Think grand cathedral meets posh spa. The marble floors are something else, reflecting the chandeliered ceiling and making me feel like a clumsy penguin trying to navigate an ice rink. Accessibility? Well, there are elevators, which is a huge win! But those ridiculously ornate doors? I struggled. I swear, I saw a wheelchair ramp, but the angle… let's just say I wouldn't want to be in that chair trying to navigate those angles. And the lobby? Magnificent, but the check-in desk felt like a mile away. Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] options are there, which is good. But you KNOW I wanted the most private one. Unfortunately, I looked a mess (long day, you know?). Anyway, they have Facilities for disabled guests listed, so hopefully, they’ve got some tricks up their sleeves for a smoother experience.
They have 24-hour Front desk and Security, so you won't be stranded. Also, Air conditioning in public area keeps you cool when freaking out about the size of the place.
Rooms: My Fortress of Solitude (and Where I Stole That Robe):
Oh. My. God. The room! It’s like they raided a palace and decided to cram it into a hotel suite. Seriously, Non-smoking rooms are available (phew!). Soundproof rooms? Thank the heavens, because I may have let out a primal scream of joy when I saw that bathtub. We're talking serious Bathtub action, people. The Extra long bed, carpeting, and oh, the damn robes! I may have snuck one into my suitcase. It's an Air conditioning dream.
Now, for the REAL stuff… Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]. Thank god. I need to live-blog this experience. The Internet access – LAN is also available, in case you're a dinosaur who enjoys plugging things in. The desk was great. The Coffee/tea maker saved my life. Again. Complimentary tea is a lifesaver after you've consumed ALL the Free bottled water. I mean, I'm a sucker for Free bottled water. And the Mini bar… well, let's just say it’s a good thing I'm not a lightweight. They've also got a damn Alarm clock, which I ignored. Wake-up service? Nope, I'm on my own. Blackout curtains are a godsend, and the In-room safe box is a good thought, I guess. I trusted the staff with it.
On a downside, the Additional toilet wasn't there. I felt like a loser. And the On-demand movies selection was decent.
Cleanliness and Safety: Can I Trust Them?
Look, in this day and age, cleanliness is key. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Double-check. They’re really trying, okay? They do have those Anti-viral cleaning products and even claim to have Hygiene certification. I'm not paranoid, but I definitely appreciated the Hand sanitizer scattered around. They also have First aid kit and Doctor/nurse on call. They even have a Smoke detector and Fire extinguisher.
I saw some signs about Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, but honestly, it was hard to tell with all the space. The staff is all Staff trained in safety protocol. The Cashless payment service also made me feel secure. They do have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. I have an impression that the security is super tight with Security [24-hour].
They even have Room sanitization opt-out available for when you are feeling a bit more 'devil may care'.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Royal Experience (and My Unfortunate Calorie Intake):
Okay, confession time. I spent most of my time in the dining areas. The restaurants offer a range of food and drink. The buffet. Oh, the buffet! Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, you name it, I ate it! There's Asian breakfast and Western breakfast, both of which were surprisingly good. There's a Coffee shop, and, oh, the Coffee/tea in restaurant! Essential. They have Restaurants, plural! And a Poolside bar! And a Bar! This is where I may have had that second (or fifth) glass of wine. They also do A la carte in restaurant, if that tickles your fancy.
I will say, they were doing their best to be responsible, with Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Sadly, I didn't see a Vegetarian restaurant.
Things to Do: Beyond Just Lounging Like a Lazy Monarch:
Besides stuffing my face and attempting to look regal, what’s there to actually do at this place? Well, there's a Swimming pool [outdoor], and a Pool with view! The pool was gorgeous. I spent an inordinate amount of time there. There is a Spa/sauna, Massage, and Body scrub. I was sorely tempted by a Body wrap service. They have a Sauna and Steamroom. There's also a Fitness center (which I avoided), a Gym/fitness, and a Foot bath (which sounds delightful). This place is for you if you love to be pampered. No regrets.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Make You Feel Like a… Well, a Queen (or at least, a Very Spoiled Guest):
The Pride of Lincoln offers a lot of services. The Concierge does a good job. The Daily housekeeping is relentless and amazing. Laundry service and Dry cleaning are available. There's Luggage storage. The Invoice provided is a nice touch. The Cash withdrawal is there. And a Convenience store. The Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, and Valet parking are sweet. They have Bicycle parking if you are into it. And do not worry about the Taxi service, because it is around.
For the Kids: Not My Area of Expertise (Thank God):
They have kid stuff. Babysitting service, Kids facilities, and a Kids meal. They seem family-friendly. I did not explore.
Getting Around: Escape the Palace
They provide Airport transfer, because why walk? Taxi service is also available.
The Verdict: Worth the Royal Treatment? (Maybe.):
Look, the Pride of Lincoln's is… a lot. It’s opulent. It’s a little over the top. But it’s also comfortable, luxurious, and genuinely trying to give you a good experience. Yes, I’m probably still traumatized that I didn’t know where the entrance was to the Spa, so I wandered around for an hour. Yes, the price is steep. But if you need a serious dose of pampering, a mini-vacation, and a chance to pretend you're royalty for a few days, then yeah, go for it.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 (minus one point for the rogue robe).
Unleash Your Inner Royalty: The Pride of Lincoln's Luxurious Getaway! – BOOK NOW OFFER
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a royal escape without the royal pain in the you-know-what?
Unleash Your Inner Royalty at The Pride of Lincoln!
Imagine…
- Sinking into a cloud-like Extra long bed in your Soundproof room, finally escaping the world outside!
- Indulging in the ultimate Spa/sauna experience – blissfully getting rid of all your stresses with the Massage right at the door!
- Sipping cocktails poolside at our breathtaking Pool with a view!
- Feasting on a culinary adventure with diverse dining options and the Bar!
- Feeling safe and secure with our 24-hour Security and Anti-viral cleaning products!
Here's what awaits you:
- Luxurious Accommodations: Dazzling **Non-
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt to conquer The Pride of Lincoln, courtesy of Good Night Inns. Brace yourselves, because it's a rollercoaster of potential triumphs and inevitable minor disasters. And let's be honest, probably a healthy dose of utter bewilderment.
The Pride of Lincoln: A Pilgrimage (and Probably Pizza-Based Regret)
Day 1: The Grand Entrance (and a Near Miss with a Seagull)
10:00 AM: Departed my flat, with a suitcase that’s clearly seen better days and a vague sense of optimism. Okay, let's be real, more like sheer, unadulterated hope that I hadn't forgotten my toothbrush (spoiler alert: I had). The drive was, well, a drive. A solid two hours of listening to that podcast about the history of shoelaces (don't judge).
12:30 PM: Arrival at The Pride of Lincoln. First Impressions: Huh. It's… big. And a little bit… beige. Okay, a lot beige. But hey, a roof over my head! And the car park seemed… well, it seemed functional, at least until I practically clipped a particularly aggressive seagull who clearly had a bone to pick with my rental car. I swear, the bird gave me the stink eye.
1:00 PM: Check-in. The receptionist was… nice. Really, really nice. Almost too nice. It was like she’d been trained in the art of relentlessly cheerful hospitality. Which, on second thought, is probably her job. I fumbled with my keys, momentarily convinced I’d locked myself out before even reaching the room. Success!
1:30 PM: Room inspection time! Standard fare. Two single beds pushed together (classic). Bathroom's clean. TV's working. The all-important tea/coffee station is fully stocked. Minor crisis averted. Now, to fight the urge to crawl back into bed for a nap.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: First Attempt at Sightseeing: Lincoln Cathedral! Beautiful. Architecture that makes my jaw drop. Was awestruck by the stained glass, even though I am a person that is usually unimpressed with cathedral windows. But it was also… a lot of walking. My feet are starting to rebel already. And I almost tripped over a small child who was clearly plotting world domination. He gave me the same side-eye as the seagull. Coincidence? I think not.
4:30 PM: Emergency Fuel Stop: Caffeine. Lots of caffeine. Found a small cafe nearby. The coffee was… passable. I need to find a proper coffee shop ASAP.
5:00 PM: Back to the hotel to relax, and, crucially, find my misplaced toothbrush.
6:00 PM: Dinner Time. The hotel restaurant. Deep breaths. The menu looks… a little unimaginative. But, I'm starving. This could go one of two ways. I order a burger. It was just a burger. Not offensively bad, not particularly memorable. Just… a burger. And I watched the TV.
7:00 PM: Back to the room. Watching TV- again.
Day 2: The Highs (and the Questionable Pub Grub)
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast! Included in the price! Which is a win. Scrambled eggs that tasted remarkably egg-like. (Always a good sign.) Some suspiciously pre-packed sausages. The coffee, however, did a better job of fulfilling it's duties. I also eavesdropped on the conversation of the couple next to me. I hope they don't see this.
- 9:30 AM: Lincoln Castle. Another stunning edifice. The Magna Carta! Very important! History! I felt… cultured. And slightly overwhelmed by information. It was also starting to rain.
- 12:00 PM: Lunchtime Disaster (or potentially…victory?): Found a pub near the castle. Desperate for something warm, I ordered the "traditional Sunday Roast." It arrived… promptly. The Yorkshire pudding was the size of a small mountain. The gravy was… well, it resembled something that my ex-boyfriend would call "delicious". I ate most of it. Regret is starting to set in.
- 2:00 PM: A little bit of shopping. I went to a book store and bought a book. I am now reading said book. I love reading.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I felt like I needed an "afternoon nap".
- 7:00 PM: Dinner! This time I decided to go somewhere else. The chicken was dry, but the chips were good. It's never perfect.
- 8:00 PM: I met some people in the bar. They were nice. We played a game of pool and talked trash. I had fun.
Day 3: The Escape (and a Final Farewell to Beige)
- 8:00 AM: Another breakfast. This is my last chance to have the "egg-tasting eggs".
- 9:00 AM: Packing. I found my toothbrush.
- 10:00 AM: Checking out. Said my goodbyes to the cheery receptionist, who probably thinks I'm a complete mess.
- 11:00 AM: Departure.
- 1:00 PM: Home! I'm back home. Happy to be home.
Final Verdict: The Pride of Lincoln… it's okay. It's functional. It's beige. But it kept me dry, fed me (most of the time), and provided a base for exploring a city that is genuinely beautiful. Will I return? Maybe. Will I bring a better travel toothbrush next time? Absolutely.
Things I learned:
- Seagulls are judging me.
- I need a better coffee shop.
- Yorkshire puddings are deceptively large.
- Traveling is exhausting but fun.
- I clearly need more sleep.
- I should pack better.
- And maybe learn to cook something other than burgers.
Unleash Your Inner Royalty: Pride of Lincoln's Luxurious Getaway! - Seriously, FAQs... You Need This. (Maybe?)
Okay, "Unleash Your Inner Royalty"? Is this, like, a *costume* party? Because I've got exactly one tiara, and it's plastic.
Honey, no. While I *am* tempted to show up in full regalia (I mean, who wouldn't want to rock a crown?), this isn't a themed costume party. Though, let's be real, if you *did* show up with a tiara... you'd probably get a chuckle. It's more about *feeling* regal. Think less "Disney Princess" and more "Actually, I deserve this and I'm gonna enjoy it" vibes. But, look, if you're feeling it, wear the tiara! No judgment here. I might be a bit jealous, though.
What *exactly* is included in this "Luxurious Getaway"? Lay it on me. Don't skim on the details, I need to know if this will make my wallet cry.
Alright, buckle up, because here comes the rundown. We're talking things like:
- Fancy Accommodation: Think plush beds, possibly a view that makes your jaw drop, and maybe even a soaking tub big enough to drown out all your worries (and possibly your phone, which I'm fully behind).
- Gourmet Grub: Breakfast? Forget your sad cereal. We're talking chef-prepared delights that will make you *almost* forget you burned your toast this morning. Dinners? Think decadent, maybe a little over-the-top deliciousness. Oh, and let's not forget the cocktails. Because *duh*.
- Activities Designed to Pamper: Spa treatments, perhaps? Maybe a private yoga session? Look, I'm not going to spoil *everything*, but expect to be spoiled rotten. Like, "I might actually start wearing a hat" spoiled.
- The "Pride of Lincoln" Specifics: (Because you asked, and I'm a little hazy on this bit.) Presumably, there's something specific to Lincoln. Maybe a private tour of the cathedral? Or perhaps a falconry experience? (Fingers crossed for the falconry!) Whatever it is, it's supposed to be *exclusive*.
Wallet crying? Probably. But consider it an investment in your sanity. Seriously, between bad hair days and work emails, we all deserve this. I'm already plotting how to sneak in extra towels for a mid-afternoon nap in the room. Don't judge me!
Is this for *everyone*? Or is there a secret "Royal Bloodline" test I have to pass? 'Cause, you know, my family tree is more of a shrub.
Nope, no royal blood required! Thank goodness. I barely know my own middle name, let alone how to trace my lineage back to some king. This is for anyone who needs a break and wants to feel a little fancy. Seriously, if you're feeling stressed, burnt out, or just plain "blah," this is probably for you. If you're the type who loves a good deal and a packet of free hotel toiletries like me, you might just be a perfect candidate!
I'm a total introvert. Will I be forced to socialize with a bunch of chatty Kathys the entire time? Because, no. Just, no.
Okay, first of all, no one *forces* you to do anything on this trip. And, yes, I too am an introvert. I'm picturing myself quietly observing everyone from a comfy chair in my robe, as they're all doing forced-fun activities, and it sounds perfect to me. There will probably be group activities, but there will also be plenty of downtime. Time to read, to nap, to eat all the tiny sandwiches. The beauty of a getaway like this is that you get to decide how much interaction you want. If you crave solitude, embrace it! If you want to chat with other guests, great! It's your call. Honestly, I'm hoping for a group of people who are all too busy enjoying themselves to bother me. Win-win.
What about dietary restrictions? I'm, like, a fussy eater. I basically live on air and the occasional oatcake.
From what I gather, they *should* cater to most dietary needs. However, it's always best to be upfront, like, *way* in advance. Contact them and let them know about your oatcakes and air-only diet. Actually, maybe tell them about the air, too… just to be sure. Seriously, though, communicate! That way, you're not stuck just picking at a plate of something that doesn't work. I'm a vegetarian, so trust me, I get it. The last thing you want on a luxurious getaway is to be hangry. And, honestly, who wants to be hangry?
I'm horrible at packing. What should I bring? Besides my plastic tiara.
Okay, the packing. This is where I sometimes fall apart. You'll need:
- Clothes: A mix. Dressy stuff for the restaurants. Comfy clothes for lounging. Layers, because weather is unpredictable. And most importantly, an outfit that makes you feel like you can conquer the world. Or at least, get through a fancy dinner without spilling wine on yourself, which is my main concern.
- Toiletries: Don't forget the essentials! And maybe some extra-fancy stuff you never use. Think: that expensive face mask you’ve been saving for a special occasion. *This* is the special occasion.
- Comfort Items: A book, a journal, noise-canceling headphones. Whatever helps you relax and disconnect. And maybe a travel pillow, because sleep is sacred, darling.
- Your "Inner Royalty": Okay, it’s silly, but seriously, a good attitude is key. Leave the stress at home. Embrace the pampering. Let someone else do the laundry!
- A camera/phone: Or whatever you use to take photos. Because, hello, Instagram. And you need proof you actually went on this amazing adventure.
And, you know, remember your *plastic* tiara. I'm not sure why, but I feel like it would be a great conversation starter. Or at least a funny story.
So...what if the experience isn't "luxurious"? What if it's a disaster? 'Cause, you know, my luck is…unpredictable.
Okay, let's be real. Things *can* go wrong. That's life. The hotel could have a leaky tap. The spa treatment could be… less than stellar. The gourmet meal could, somehow, taste like burnt toast. But if something does go wrong, address it! Complain! Don't suffer in silence. And, honestly, most importantlyBest Hotels Blog